- 2-3 stalk leeks, washed and trimmed-the end dark green parts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup feta
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup flour
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup frying oil (I use olive oil but you can use corn, sun flower, or canola)
Step by Step to make :
- Put the leeks in a food processor or chop them well, very fine
- Mix all the ingredients. If the batter is too runny, add more flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Drop scoops of batter in hot oil. Make sure they don't touch.
- Fry them on each side until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- when done, place fritters on paper towel to drain excessive oil.
- Serve with plain yogurt or garlicy yogurt sauce.
For garlicy yogurt sauce beat 1 cup of yogurt with 1 clove of minced garlic and a pinch of salt.